Campus Resources

Rkids programs 

Parenting Resources

Nurture the development of your child with campus programs and accommodations. 

Child Care

UCR’s Child Development Center (CDC) provides a warm and welcoming environment for children between the ages of two months and five years.

At the CDC, your child will exercise his or her mind and body with books, puzzles, computers, art and outdoor play. It is “learning fun” wrapped up in cognitive, social and emotional growth and development.

All CDC lessons are carefully designed to meet the goals, expectations and policies of the following organizations:

Breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided along with vegetarian selections.

Priority enrollment is given to UCR students, staff and faculty with families.

Building A
(951) 827-3854
FAX (951) 827-3396

Building B
(951) 827-7454
FAX (951) 827-7471

UCR Child Development Center
333 Watkins Drive
Riverside, CA 92521

Community child care options are also available.

Lactation Rooms

UCR offers three on-campus locations for breast-feeding mothers:

Both Sproul and Pierce Hall Lactation Rooms are private, comfortable and equipped with a refrigerator, plush seating and sanitary provisions. To get a room key, you will need to complete the Lactation Accommodation Program Room Usage and Program Participation Agreement Form. Please submit your form to the Human Resources office.

To get a room key, you will need to complete the Lactation Accommodation Program Room Usage and Program Participation Agreement Form. Please submit your form to the Human Resources office.

FAX: (951) 827-2192
Mail: Human Resources

1160 University Avenue
Riverside, CA 92521

Scotty Cubs and Parents

Scotty Cubs and Parents is a student-parent support group. Discussion topics include parenting tips and life balancing skills. 

Cub Club

Your child can cheer on the NCAA Division I Highlanders Athletics Program as an official Cub Club member. Available to youths through the eighth grade, the $20 annual membership includes:

  • Free admission to all regular season home athletic events
  • Official Cub Club T-shirt
  • Official Cub Club Membership Card
  • Exclusive Cub Club VIP Events and Discounts
  • Birthday Card from Mascot Scotty Highlander
  • Free Tickets to Castle Park

Tel: (951) 827-5030 

UC Riverside Athletics
Riverside, CA 92521


Family Management

Manage the day-to-day tasks of parenting with UCR’s family-friendly programs.


Rest and rejuvenate as a family in UCR’s Canyon Crest Family-Student Housing.

This 55-acre development offers two- and three-bedroom single and duplex homes. Each is equipped with a refrigerator, stove/oven, basic cable TV and washer/dryer hookups. An expansive park, playground and picnic area offers recreational fun.

Applications are accepted year-round. Early submission is recommended as wait times last up to nine months.

Tel: (951) 827-6350
FAX: (951) 827-3807

Housing, Dining & Residential Services
3595 Canyon Crest Drive
Riverside, CA 92507

Community housing options are also available.

Commuter Services

Permit, account and guest parking information can be found at Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS)

Ride for free with U-Pass and Go-Pass. When you board any RTA bus, simply swipe your R’Card in the fare box and get unlimited travel to work, school, the mall or even the beach.

Tel: (951) 565-5002, (800) 800-7825 TTY or (800) 735-2929 California Relay

RTA Offices
1825 Third Street
P.O. Box 59968
Riverside, CA 92517

Graduate students and campus employees are eligible for UCR’s Carpool program. Applicants must travel together for a minimum of three days a week and share the expense of one parking permit.

A complimentary parking permit allotment is given for those days in which participants cannot commute together. Restrictions may apply.

UCR’s Vanpool program pairs local UCR students and campus employees to a nearby departure site. Vanpools travel to and from the UCR campus with at least one certified driver and one certified alternate driver.

A complimentary parking permit allotment is given for those days in which participants cannot commute together. Restrictions may apply.

Emergency Ride Home
If you have an emergency or need to work late, Emergency Ride Home (ERH) will provide a free overnight vehicle rental. Eligibility extends to graduate students and campus employees already enrolled in the Carpool or Vanpool program.

Zimride is a private rideshare network linking would-be passengers with would-be drivers. Destinations include the UC Riverside campus as well as community events.   

Metrolink provides reliable transportation for five regional lines:

Bike, Scooter or Skateboard
UCR provides open bike lanes, storage and free licensing and registration for bicycles.
Visit Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS), Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to license and register your bike.

Need bike, scooter or skateboard parts and repairs? Pedals Bike Shop and "Do-It-Yourself" Repair Station in Lot 19 is at your service.

Academic year: Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Summer session: Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Student-parents are invited to join UCR’s Walker Program for added health benefits and exciting incentives.

Drop Off
UCR graduate students and campus employees are eligible for the Drop Off program. Participants share a ride with drivers who do not work or park on campus.

Financial Aid

Financial Aid provides scholarships, grants, student expense loans, emergency loan programs and work-study opportunities.

Tel: (951) 827-3878
FAX: (951) 827-5619

Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS), First Floor
Financial Aid Office
Student Services Building
900 University Avenue
Riverside, CA 92521


Legal Clinic
Need legal assistance? The Associated Students of UCR (ASUCR)’s Legal Clinic can help. Staffed by volunteer attorneys from the Riverside County Barristers Association, the Legal Clinic offers free education and self-help services to resolve legal matters. Please note that formal representation is not included.

Tel: (951) 827-3621

Associated Students
202 Highlander Union Building (HUB)
Riverside, CA 92521
Legal Services
Riverside County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service refers students to attorneys who specialize in the legal branch needed for their case. Consultations are free for personal injury, workers compensation and social security matters. All other legal matters require a $40 consultation fee.

Tel: (951) 682-7520

Riverside County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
4129 Main Street, Suite 100
Riverside, CA 92501

Highlander Link

Highlander Link is a database that features 400 on-campus student organizations. Get involved today and meet other Highlanders with interests just like yours!

Student-Parent Research Team

The Student-Parent Research Team (SPRT) was created to research and address resource needs for student-parents on the UCR campus. They develop resources and host safe, family-friendly events, including a Halloween Trunk-N-Treat.

Contact these SPRT members to learn more:  

Anna Sanchez

Cinthya Gonzalez

Nerli Paredes Ruvalcaba

Roman Nunez




The UCR Wellness Program helps students and campus employees balance mental, physical and emotional wellness with activities and campus-wide partnerships.

The Well

To promote a safe and supportive campus, The Well offers a wide variety of programs and services:

• Peer-Mentoring Services
• Healthy Screening
• Fitness & Nutritional Advising
• Mental Health Counseling
• Peer–Groups

Tel: (951) 827-9355

The Well
248 Highlander Union Building (HUB)
Riverside, CA 92521

Student Health Services

Need medical attention? Student Health Services offers affordable and confidential medical care as well as a primary care clinic, in-house medical lab, pharmacy and radiology department. Specialty clinics include women's health, travel, dental and psychiatric services.

Tel: (951) 827-3031
FAX: (951) 827-3133

Student Health Services
Veitch Student Center
Riverside, CA 92521

Counseling Center

The UCR Counseling Center offers psychological and psychiatric services to discuss the following topics:    

  • Adjustment
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Eating Disorders
  • Family Concerns
  • Identity Development
  • Relationships
  • Stress 
  • Substance Abuse

Tel: (951) UCR-TALK (827-5531)
FAX: (951) 827-2015

Counseling Center
Veitch Student Center, North Wing
Riverside, CA 92521

AVC & Dean of Students Office

The Office of the AVC & Dean of Students helps UCR students manage relationships, meet academic goals and maximize mental and emotional health through workshops and events.

Tel: (951) 827-6095
FAX: (951) 827-4701

The AVC & Dean of Students Office
381 Highlander Union Building (HUB)
Riverside, CA 92521

Housing, Dining and Residential Services

Housing Services provides Residence Halls, UCR Campus Apartments and Family Housing to create a student-centered environment and complement your university education.

Tel: (951) 827-6350
FAX: (951) 827-3807

Housing, Dining and Residential Services (HDRS)
3595 Canyon Crest Drive
Riverside, CA 92507

International Student Resource Center

The International Student Resource Center (ISRC) helps international students navigate the visa process, adjust to American culture, practice safety measures and build meaningful relationships. ISRC also offers leadership and mentoring opportunities through its International Peer Advisor (IPA) and Global Connections Partner Programs.

Tel: (951) 827-4113
FAX: (951) 827-3778

International Student Resource Center (ISRC)
University Village, Suite 204
Riverside, CA 92521

Student Recreation Center

Student Recreation Center

Get fit with UCR’s Student Recreation Center (SRC) programs, classes and services. The 80,000-square-foot fitness center comes with these amenities:  

  • 6,000-square-foot Weight Room
  • 3,000-square-foot Cardio Areas
  • 237,000 gallon Swimming Pool
  • 20-person Spa
  • Sand Volleyball Court
  • Tennis Courts
  • Indoor Rock Climbing & Bouldering Wall (“The Rock”)
  • Indoor Jogging Track
  • Multi-activity Court (MAC) Gymnasium
  • Drop-in Basketball, Volleyball and Badminton
  • Fitness Lab & Massage Therapy Room
  • Demonstration Kitchen

Membership is included in your UCR student fees. For an additional fee, children can sign up for Karate (5-18 years), Zumba Kids (7-11 years) or Zumba Kids Jr. (4-6 years) classes.

Tel: (951) 827-5738
FAX: (951) 827-5700

Student Recreation Center (SRC)
Linden Street and Lot 25
Riverside, CA 92521

More Information